Handle the mobile trough the face movement captured by the frontal camera.
EVA FACIAL MOUSE is an application developed and promoted by CREA with the support of Fundación Vodafone España.
EVA FACIAL MOUSE is a free and open source application that allows the access to functions of a mobile device by means of tracking the user face captured through the frontal camera. Based on the movement of the face, the app allows the user to control a pointer on the screen (i.e., like a mouse),which provides direct access to most elements of the user interface.
People with amputations, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or other disabilities may be beneficiaries of this app.
Due to restrictions of the Android platform, there are currently some LIMITATIONS:
• Most standard keyboards do not work with EVA, so a basic keyboard is provided. Such a keyboard needs to be manually activated after the installation.
• Does not work with most games.
• Browsers do not handle properly some actions (we recommend using Google Chrome).
• Applications such as Maps, Earth and Gallery work with restrictions.
• It cannot be used simultaneously with other applications that make use of the camera.
• For obvious reasons, it has not been tested with all devices available on the market. If you find any issues with your device, please, let us know.