Hello friends We are talking about today Windy (otherwise called Windyty) is an exceptional apparatus for climate gauge perception. This quick, instinctive, definite and most exact climate application is trusted by expert pilots, paragliders, skydivers, kiters, surfers, boaters, anglers, storm chasers and climate nerds, and even by governments, armed force staffs and salvage groups.
Regardless of whether you are following a typhoon or potential serious climate, arranging an excursion, seeking after your preferred outside moolgame, or you simply need to know whether it will rain this end of the week, Windy gives you the most cutting-edge.
Windy brings you all the world’s leading weather forecasting models: global ECMWF, GFS and ICON plus local NEMS, AROME, ICON EU and ICON-D2 (for Europe). Furthermore NAM and HRRR (for the USA) and ACCESS (for Australia).
51 weather maps
From wind, rain, temperature and pressure to swell or CAPE index, with Windy you will have all convenient weather maps just at your fingertips.
Satellite & Doppler radar
Global satellite composite is created from NOAA, EUMETSAT, and Himawari. The image frequency is 5-15 minutes based on area. Doppler radar covers large parts of Europe, America, Asia, and Australia.
Point of interests
Windy lets you display observed wind and temperature, forecasted weather, airports around the World, collection of 55 000 weather webcams and 1500+ paragliding spots right on the map.
Add your favourite weather maps to quick menu, customize colour palette on any layer, access advanced options in the settings. All that makes Windy the weather geek’s tool of choice.
Features and data sources
- All leading weather forecast models: ECMWF, GFS by NOAA, ICON and more
- Several local weather models NEMS, ICON EU and ICON-D2, AROME, NAM, HRRR, ACCESS
- High-Res satellite composite
- Forecast model comparison
- 51 global weather maps
- Weather radar for many world locations
- 16 altitude levels from the surface to 13.5km/FL450
- Metric or imperial units
- Detailed weather forecast for any location (temperature, rain and snow accumulation, wind speed, wind gusts and wind direction)
- Detailed Airgram and Meteogram
- Meteogram: temperature and dew point, wind speed and wind gusts, pressure, precipitation, altitude cloud cover
- Altitude and Time zone info, Sunrise and Sunset time for any location
- Customizable list of Favorite spots (with the option to create mobile or e-mail alerts for upcoming weather conditions)